• It is now possible to use the forum via the PWA (Progressive Web App) feature in browsers. You may get a message from your browser. It is not necessary to add this, but is a nice feature.
  • More languages + Cat Dank + Tooltip Feature for Reactions were added ! (see preferences) More to come!

• Please check this: link regarding changes in PotW and GotW schedules!
    - Contest Central

• "Lifestyle Lounge: Thread of the Month Contest!"
    Come make a fun thread in the Lifestyle Lounge! Deadline is September 30th, 2021.
  • Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff

2021 California Recall Election Thread

NeoTerraKnight

Which part of the states are you from?

Read!

I'm not sure who Elder is and nor do I care.

Because for someone who's interested in the recall, you didn't even know who tipped their hat and who's the frontrunner. lol

This is why we could have waited until re-election to discuss a viable candidate.

Yamato

ANBU- Sadist
So far from what I've seen in the state, lots of people rooting for Elder. He's got the most support of all the 40 something candidates so far and yeah, in San Fernando Valley, there's reports of people trying to vote and the machines are saying they've already voted, most affecting Republican voters. Saw an article tonight saying Newsom already won :hestonpls
We gotta wait til tomorrow and the days after to see who finally wins, but........ unfortunately I do see that there are problems already with the integrity of the system and outcome.

On a freeway I frequent, there's a Governor Newsome sucks sign. The other day when I was at a beach there was a plane flying overhead with a banner that read, "Recall Newsom. Something rich boy!!" Forgot what the something part read. And yeah, other support for Elder signs and he's been campaigning hard in these final weeks leading up to tomorrow.
Did my part and voted today as well.

NeoTerraKnight

So far from what I've seen in the state, lots of people rooting for Elder. He's got the most support of all the 40 something candidates so far and yeah, in San Fernando Valley, there's reports of people trying to vote and the machines are saying they've already voted, most affecting Republican voters. Saw an article tonight saying Newsom already won :hestonpls
We gotta wait til tomorrow and the days after to see who finally wins, but........ unfortunately I do see that there are problems already with the integrity of the system and outcome.

On a freeway I frequent, there's a Governor Newsome sucks sign. The other day when I was at a beach there was a plane flying overhead with a banner that read, "Recall Newsom. Something rich boy!!" Forgot what the something part read. And yeah, other support for Elder signs and he's been campaigning hard in these final weeks leading up to tomorrow.
Did my part and voted today as well.

You do realize Newsom won over 60% of the vote in 2018, right? If it was the problem with integrity of the system, then Trump and Elder wouldn't have sowed doubts BEFORE the day of said recall. Ah of course, CA has more Republican voters than in many other red states but Elder ain't no Nixon or Reagan.

dergeist

Because for someone who's interested in the recall, you didn't even know who tipped their hat and who's the frontrunner. lol

This is why we could have waited until re-election to discuss a viable candidate.

I'm not bothered by the frontrunner, rather my interest is in a viable replacement for incompetent Newsom. Elder would be governor for two years but get stonewalled by the democrat dominated legislature, so would get nothing done. A sensible approach in this instance would be to replace with a decorative who has a solid plan/ideas like Kevin Paffrath and get things done.

As for waiting only a fool would wait to remove a cancer, especially if there is a legitimate process that allows removal.

Last edited:

Pliskin

I still don't get this recall thing, at all
You do realize Newsom won over 60% of the vote in 2018, right? If it was the problem with integrity of the system, then Trump and Elder wouldn't have sowed doubts BEFORE the day of said recall. Ah of course, CA has more Republican voters than in many other red states but Elder ain't no Nixon or Reagan.

Okay thats hilarious.

Last edited:

NeoTerraKnight

I'm not bothered by the frontrunner, rather my interest is in a viable replacement for incompetent Newsom. Elder would be governor for two years but get stonewalled by the democrat dominated legislature, so would get nothing done. A sensible approach in this instance would be to replace with a decorative who has a solid plan/ideas like Kevin Paffrath and get things done.

As for waiting only a fool would wait to remove a cancer, especially if there is a legitimate process that allows removal.

You say that but Elder let the cat out of the bag saying he would have power to replace Feinstein as Senator had something happen to her.

dergeist

You say that but Elder let the cat out of the bag saying he would have power to replace Feinstein as Senator had something happen to her.

Elder saying something means f'all, policy passing and being enforced at a state level requires local legislatures support. A governor can be blocked by them, so things are in a state of stalemate. Short of him being able to force elections and replacing the Democrat majority (he can't) nothing would happen. That is why the best move was to replace Newsom with a sensible Democrat with decent policies.

Ruthless Tsuchikage

My newspaper actually gives the Republican challenger a decent shot. Could this be akin to the 2016 election where the Trump cult shouts from the rooftops that they're only going to lose because there's rampant fraud, and then they end up winning by the slimmest margins imaginable and suddenly the election is totally legit and no one should be asking question about the Republican candidate's kids meeting up with Putin's envoys.

Interestingly and inauspiciously this could have effect on the Senate. Apparently one of the Democratic senators from California is 88 years old and if she dies a Republican governor could steal her seat and awards it to a Republican over the wishes of the Californian electorate.

reiatsuflow

My newspaper actually gives the Republican challenger a decent shot. Could this be akin to the 2016 election where the Trump cult shouts from the rooftops that they're only going to lose because there's rampant fraud, and then they end up winning by the slimmest margins imaginable and suddenly the election is totally legit and no one should be asking question about the Republican candidate's kids meeting up with Putin's envoys.

Interestingly and inauspiciously this could have effect on the Senate. Apparently one of the Democratic senators from California is 88 years old and if she dies a Republican governor could steal her seat and awards it to a Republican over the wishes of the Californian electorate.

from what I understand the recall had a better shot keeping it lowkey, but elder keeps inflaming things and giving newsom easy ammunition for motivating californians into voting. Maybe everyone should have settled on promoting a more sensible dem to replace newsom and this would probably be a shoo-in.

NeoTerraKnight

Elder saying something means f'all, policy passing and being enforced at a state level requires local legislatures support. A governor can be blocked by them, so things are in a state of stalemate. Short of him being able to force elections and replacing the Democrat majority (he can't) nothing would happen. That is why the best move was to replace Newsom with a sensible Democrat with decent policies.

You were saying?

Top Bottom