• It is now possible to use the forum via the PWA (Progressive Web App) feature in browsers. You may get a message from your browser. It is not necessary to add this, but is a nice feature.
  • The Feature "Collapsible Sections" was now added.
  • LL
    Check out The Lifestyle Lounge Short Stories Competition!
    Deadline is July 26th, 2021 midnight, UCT..
  • Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff

'19-'20: NBA Season | Lakers sweet 17

Skaddix

When you CHoke as much as CP3 is your fault....especially when part of your shtick is being the Point God and a great leader.

Well a great leader should motivate his troops to deliver in the clutch and play at a high level himself.

Any mention of Ayton being a great player who got absolutely fucking murdered by Giannis?

It's probably his toughest cover in the league, just doesn't have the build for it, not a strong lower core relative to his size. GA plays low on post-ups unlike guys like AD and Jokic, who Ayton does a much better job against. He'd need to really tweak his defensive stance for the match-up, and not be in a deep drop as much either. He gave up too many open angles to the basket since he doesn't have quick enough feet, and worst of all he doesn't disrupt his dribble in any way. Ayton is still a really good player and defender, but he just can't guard GA at all. At points it seemed like their defence on GA was better whenever he was sitting. Adebayo, Capela, Okongwu, even Griffin, did far better jobs guarding him. Crowder was Phoenix's best option on GA, and he isn't bad at it, but when that's your only reliable option, it's not surprising he went off.

Kingslayer

Prince of Darkness
Giannis has improved do much this finals was his peak .

50 pts 14 rebounds the suns had no chance . Improved on his free throws as well .

Congrats to bucks what a night.

Chocochip

COOKIE
Giannis to Khris, "We fucking did it."

KD thought he wanted a ring, he wanted that moment with Westbrook.

KD can go down as the better player of all time, although Giannis can maybe pass him...but Giannis is already the greater player.

Giannis took the hardest road. Giannis was running full on sprints just on every turnover to maybe change a shot. He's different man.

Rukia

VIP
Is this a better ring than KD’s rings? It is an asterisk season because of covid. But he didn’t join a super team. So, it’s a tough call imo.

Parallax

Bloodhail
Retired Staff
LM building the fake narrative that Bud is not only a good coach but a great coach so when the inevitable Giannis vs Dirk debates come he'll point to dirk never having good coaches and giannia having bud. Stay woke

ARGUS

The conqueror
GIannis is already a top 20 NBA player of all time

If we look at his position (PF?) hes already the second best PF ever behind duncan even though just like duncan hes mostly been playing Center this season

Hes better than Dirk, Barkley, KG, and Malone in terms of accolades and the dude is only 26

Realisitically what is this mans ceiling? Lets say if he just develops a respectable jumper? doesnt have to be a 3pointer but mid range game with efficiency of over 40%, there would be absolutely nothing you can do,

And right now, he has to be given the crown as the best player in the world,
i could have argued KD being better but giannis did beat him despite the fact that KD was damn near godly

so current top 5 players atm
1. Giannis
2. KD
3. Lebron - the man could very well take the crown next year but he doesnt have it yet
4. Kawhi (if healthy), otherwise its between Embiid and Curry
5. AD (if healthy), dude was gimped pretty much this whole year), otherwise its harden

ARGUS

The conqueror
Is this a better ring than KD’s rings? It is an asterisk season because of covid. But he didn’t join a super team. So, it’s a tough call imo.
Absolutely,
No shade to KD but those rings were the least impressive historically speaking,
especially his second ring where he faced one of the worst teams to ever make the finals

Empathy

Disciple of Thunder
Giannis isn’t better than KG yet, IMO (even if he does have better accolades). Also, Curry and Jokic are better than current Kawhi, but the rest is pretty agreeable. Giannis just needs to study Embiid and develop some better post moves to truly unlock the next level of his game, and knock it off with trying to become a sharpshooting 3-point guy.

LM building the fake narrative that Bud is not only a good coach but a great coach so when the inevitable Giannis vs Dirk debates come he'll point to dirk never having good coaches and giannia having bud. Stay woke

I've been calling Bud a great coach since he was in Atlanta though. Any coach that can get Kyle Korver and Jeff Teague to the ASG and have a season like he did with that 2015 roster, deserves his praise (and a couple other overachieving seasons). Like I said, he's not a top tier coach, but he's definitely high tier around Kerr level. Jackson -> Kerr and Kidd -> Bud are 2 of the biggest coaching replacements in NBA history.

His biggest issue in past post-seasons was the minutes for his best players and the line-up usages and rotational decisions as a result. He's been mediocre at adjustments in the past, but they were overblown by retards on Twitter and r/NBA who couldn't name more than 2-3 tactical, defensive or offensive adjustment made in a series, especially schematically. And he excelled in that department most of these playoffs too for anyone paying attention or knowing what they were watching, especially against the Hawks and Suns.

Also, I've said Carlisle is a great coach for over a decade now, so that point doesn't even make any sense. The only truly great one Nowitzki had though, and nothing will change the fact that Avery Johnson was arguably the worst coach in NBA history (in a sport filled that's been filled with bad coaches for decades), and ate through some prime Nowitzki seasons with his idiocy.

Last edited:

ARGUS

The conqueror
Giannis isn’t better than KG yet, IMO (even if he does have better accolades).
I am ok with admitting that KG is comparable to Giannis since the dude was capable of guarding the pick and roll at the same time and was a defensive beast
but Giannis numbers are absurd, and he is more dominant offensively whilst not being that much below KG defensively
Also, Curry and Jokic are better than current Kawhi, but the rest is pretty agreeable.
I am not sure about this, they are better leaders sure and can do more with less, but kawhi is just as good offensively and on the defensive end its not even a debate
this ofc is only the case if he is 100%
Giannis just needs to study Embiid and develop some better post moves to truly unlock the next level of his game, and knock it off with trying to become a sharpshooting 3-point guy.
you raise a very good point here, i think the immense focus on jump shooting and 3pt shooting has always backfired in the playoffs since in the playoffs you take the shots you can make and not necessarily the most efficient shot

if he does have embiids post game he will definitely be better, but do note that this season embiid shot 37% from 3, and over 85% from FT, so its not like embiid is solely a post player
at the very least, the FT shooting can improve

Empathy

Disciple of Thunder
I am ok with admitting that KG is comparable to Giannis since the dude was capable of guarding the pick and roll at the same time and was a defensive beast
but Giannis numbers are absurd, and he is more dominant offensively whilst not being that much below KG defensively

That’s a fair point, where we can just agree to disagree, I guess. KG is one of the best defensive players of all time IMO, while still being a great offensive secondary option and not being anywhere near as ball dominant as Giannis is (I think he takes some stuff off the table by not being much of an offensive threat without the ball in his hands). But you’re spot on how Giannis is much better offensively, while not being terribly far off defensively, I think we just disagree on the margins. It’s probably an unpopular opinion, but KG is a top 15 player all time to me, and very comparable to Tim Duncan in terms of play-style and impact on a team’s success

I am not sure about this, they are better leaders sure and can do more with less, but kawhi is just as good offensively and on the defensive end its not even a debate
this ofc is only the case if he is 100%

Kawhi is one of the best pure scorers, but to say he’s a better scorer than Jokic or Curry is debatable when he lacks their range. Kawhi’s biggest flaw is that he’s not a good passer and can’t create for his teammates. His offense isn’t elevating the team or making his teammates better, beyond just making sure he gets his own points. Comparatively, Jokic is the league’s best passer and Curry is the league’s best shooter, and all they do is create opportunities for their teammates.

Neither are very ball dominant and are still tremendous off-ball threats as well, which is an underrated skill. Kawhi’s obviously has a defensive edge, but Curry and Jokic are at their worst, neutral on defense, and most likely still slight positives on that end, while still being transcendent offensive talents that create opportunities for teammates and elevate the team as a whole—which goes beyond Kawhi just being a poor leader. Kawhi’s on-ball defense is great, and his hands are still the gold-standard for steals, but he’s gotten recognizably slower over the past couple years and his help defense and rim protection could use improvement. I don’t think he’s still the defensive titan he used to be.

you raise a very good point here, i think the immense focus on jump shooting and 3pt shooting has always backfired in the playoffs since in the playoffs you take the shots you can make and not necessarily the most efficient shot

if he does have embiids post game he will definitely be better, but do note that this season embiid shot 37% from 3, and over 85% from FT, so its not like embiid is solely a post player
at the very least, the FT shooting can improve

I agree, this off-season he should be focusing heavily on post improvement and FT shooting. Giannis with Embiid’s post moves and improved FT shooting would be virtually unstoppable, and it’s not an unthinkable jump like him suddenly becoming a 40% 3-point shooter.

wibisana

still newbie
if I were Lebron, i would ask a trade (or dont re-sign) LA, then go to Lottery team, then ask that team to draft his son.
I think it is impossible to win a chip in LA next year or in 2023... his legacy is settled, many/some consider him better than Jordan, he got a lot of money and that is enough, just enjoy the twilight year(s) play 1-2 yrs with your kid, prepare him, if he didnt came up superstars (lack of raw talent), i think with Lebron guidance and that kid's mamba mentality, he can be very good player at the very least.also get a pay cut, maybe that team can get one or two star free agents, so his kid can grow faster

Top Bottom